Have you ever found yourself with no refills remaining and no scheduled appointment to see your family doctor? We can to help you! Our pharmacist now initiate, continue, or modify/adapt drug therapy, ranging from renewing a continued care prescription to independent prescriptive authority.
Renewing a prescription
If you’re taking medication for a chronic condition, and you cannot get in to see your physician for a refill, you can ask our pharmacist to renew your prescription. (Note: Prescription renewal does not apply to narcotics or select drug classifications). This service does not replace the need to see your physician for regular check-ups and prescription renewals. The maximum length of time that your pharmacist may renew your prescription is for six months or the length of the original prescription, whichever is less.)
Adapting a prescription
If it is clinically appropriate, our pharmacist may choose to change the dose, dosage form, frequency, or route of administration of your prescription to better meet your healthcare needs. Any changes made would be done with your consent, documented, and shared with your doctor.
Initiate a new prescription – ASSESS – PRESCRIBE – PRESCRIPTION
Have a minor ailment? Don’t let it become a major problem. In many provinces, our pharmacists can assess and prescribe for some minor ailments. Here is the list of some of the conditions our pharmacist may assess and prescribe.
- Acne (Mild)
- Allergic Rhinitis (Nasal Allergy Symptoms)
- Calluses and Corns
- Canker Sores (Oral Ulcers)
- Cold Sores (Herpes Simplex)
- Contact Allergic Dermatitis (Allergic Skin Conditions)*
- Diarrhea (Non-infectious)
- Dry Eyes (Xerophthalmia)
- Eczema (Mild to moderate)
- Emergency Contraception
- Fungal Skin Infections (Ex: Athlete’s Foot)
- Headache (Mild)
- Heartburn/Acid Reflux (Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disease)
- Hives, Bug Bites, and Stings (Mild Urticaria)
- Indigestion (Dyspepsia)
- Joint Pain (Minor)
- Menstrual and Pre-Menstrual Pain (Dysmenorrhea)
- Muscle Pain (Minor)
- Nasal Congestion
- Nicotine Dependence (Smoking Cessation)
- Sleep Disorders (Minor)
- Sore Throat
- Thrush (Oral Fungal Infection)
- Warts (excluding facial and genital)
- Yeast Infection (Vaginal Candidiasis)
Did not find your symptoms / condition in the above list? talk to our pharmacist.