Tips for Making Your Mask Workchappelle
Exercise care when donning your mask
- Always wash your hands first.
- Don’t touch the fabric part of the mask. Use the ear loops or ties to secure your mask and to remove it.
- If your mask has pleats, the folded side should be down.
Choose the right mask for you
- Pick a mask with at least two layers.
- Hold your mask up to the light to see how much light gets through. The less light, the better.
- Skip masks with respirator valves. It won’t protect others and it may not protect you.
- Shop around to find a comfortable, breathable mask. The best mask is the one that you will wear.
Fit your mask properly
- The mask should cover your face from the bridge of your nose to under your chin. It should stretch about halfway or more toward your ears with no gaps.
- Pull the ties and loops so that it fits as snugly as possible against your face.
Keep your glasses clear
- Try to seal the top of your mask. Some masks have built-in, bendable metal strips that you can mold to the bridge of your nose. Medical tape can also help.
- Try an anti-fog treatment for lenses. A wash with soapy water has also been shown to help.
- Pull your mask up under your glasses, so the weight of the frames holds it down.
From NY times
LEAVE A COMMENT